September arrived and weather is not so hot anymore.
What this means is that you probably have a pair of used, or even broken, flip-flops which you’ll soon won’t need anymore.
Don’t trow them away!!!
After reading many posts about recycling broken flip-flop shoes I finally found the perfect project.
Not only because of the design, which is really bohemian and detailed; as well because it is really well explained, step by step and with videos which will help the crochetters with less experience with written patterns.
Adult women’s 5 and up (Pattern provides details to make any women’s shoe size).
• Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton – 1 skein (100g/186 yds) – color: Camel
• Tapestry needle
• 1 pair of flip flops
• Stitch markers
• Size B [2.5 mm] crochet hook
• Size E [3.5 mm] crochet hook
• Sewing needle
• Sharp tool to poke holes in flip flops (skewer, thin drill bit or tapestry needle)
• Approx 2 yards leather laces cut into 1-yard pieces
• Sharp scissors
• Monofilament (fishing line) – optional
• Seed beads – optional